IBS GUT Detector™
smartDNA has a patented IBS GUT Detector™ test which sequences all of the bacteria associated with the detection of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and the IBS subtypes. smartDNA uses its in-house smartHIT™ database, machine learning, advanced statistical techniques and patented methods to analyse the bacteria in your sample. smartDNA welcomes the opportunity to work with clinicians, researchers and industry to utilise this patented method.
Use this test to continually monitor your IBS recovery over time
What will the IBS Gut Detector™ test tell me?
- The IBS Gut Detector™ test will indicate if you have bacteria associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ test will indicate which of the subtypes of IBS you have based on our patented molecular classification of the bacteria present in your gut microbiome sample.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ test will indicate how your micobiome sample compares to our healthy population.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ test will indicate the level of diversity in your microbiome sample as a key indicator of health. An average to high microbial diversity is associated with a healthier microbiome.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ Dysbiosis Compass map demonstrates the proportion of the bacteria detected in your sample relative to our healthy reference population.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ measures the ratio of two main groups in the gut microbiome.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ can determine how your dietary intake is affecting your microbiome and what the style of diet that you are eating.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ determines down to the species level of identification the abundant gut commensals and other bacteria associated with poor health.
- The IBS Gut Detector™ provides metagenomic pathway analysis.
Your Advanced IBS Gut Detector™ includes:
- Key Insights about your microbiome profile relative to our healthy population.
- Key insights of the beneficial or problematic bacteria that are associated with health or disease as published by the scientific community.
- Key insights into levels of your bacteria and their ability produce compounds linked to your health.
- Key insights into the probiotic bacteria present in your gut microbiome sample.
- Key insights into your gut microbiomes ability to digest dietary food components such as protein, fats, carbohydrates, and sugars.
- Key insights about your gut metabolites that produce or consume by-products such as vitamins and neurotransmitters which are associated with health and ill health outcomes.
- Key insights into your microbiome with our interactive diagram called a Krona plot.